In honor of the 25th Anniversary of the Bradley Fellowships, The Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation is partnering with the Jack Miller Center for a celebratory gathering on the theme of “Liberal Education and Liberal Democracy. The three day program will take place in Chicago, April 14-16, 2011.
The program will highlight the Bradley Foundation’s achievements over the last 25 years by featuring former Bradley Fellows and Bradley Prize winners. The primary purpose of the event will be an exploration of the importance of “liberal education” as a necessary precondition for deliberation on the common good and the exercise of citizenship in a modern liberal democracy.
- Thursday April 14 – Robert P. George, Princeton University
- Friday April 15 – Michael Barone, American Enterprise Institute
Panel Discussions and Rountables
“Civic Responsibility and Higher Education”
- James Ceaser, University of Virginia
- Alan Charles Kors, University of Pennsylvania
- Wilfred McClay, University of Tennessee-Chattanooga.
Roundtable on “Liberal Education, Civic Responsibility and Patriotism”
- Walter McDougall, University of Pennsylvania
- Jakub Grygiel, Johns Hopkins University;
- John Guilmartin, Ohio State University.
“Civic Education and Economic Literacy”
- Luigi Zingales, University of Chicago
- Robert Barro, Harvard University
- Yuval Levin, Ethics and Public Policy Center
- James Poterba, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Roundtable on Liberal Education and American Society
- John Agresto, American University of Iraq- Sulaimani
- Donald Downs, University of Wisconsin
- Kathy Eden, Columbia Univerisity
- Hillel Fradkin, Hudson Institute.
For more information, contact Michael Andrews.