The Hertog Foundation is seeking an Associate Director to help the Foundation manage its current ventures and expand its work in educating young leaders in the areas of American politics, national security, and public policy.
Visit the foundation’s website to learn more about our fellowships and programs.
The Hertog Foundation offers an intellectually stimulating environment in which to work, with the opportunity to meet a cohort of talented young people and to learn from prominent men and women in public life. The Associate Director will be based in our Washington, DC office and will work across all of the Foundation’s different programs.
• Selecting and Maintaining Relationships with Fellows – Assist in recruitment, interviewing, and selection of fellows to participate in Foundation programs. Cultivate and manage an alumni network and help implement distinctive alumni programming.
• Curriculum/Program Development – Work in close collaboration with our Managing Director and President to assist in program development, including the creation of new courses and building out of existing offerings.
• Logistical Coordination – Oversee the daily management and functioning of Foundation programs. Support faculty in course development. Evaluate and assess current programs. Help build out Hertog’s web presence.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Interest in American politics, political philosophy, and current policy debates.
• Prior work experience in public policy or academic institutions is desirable.
• The ability to relate well to student groups and young professionals.
• Willingness to work irregular hours as program/course offerings require.
• A commitment to the educational goals of the Hertog Foundation.
Salary dependent on experience, benefits included.
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume, and list of references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to help the Jack Miller Center transform higher education? Donate today.