Jack Miller Center Administrative Assistant
Title: Administrative Assistant, Office Manager, etc., depending on qualifications and experience.
About the Jack Miller Center:
The Jack Miller Center is a 501(c)(3) public charity dedicated to promoting education in America’s founding principles and history, an education vital to thoughtful and engaged citizenship. We work to advance the teaching and study of America’s history, its political and economic institutions and the central principles, ideas and issues arising from the American and Western traditions, all of which continue to animate our national life. We support professors and educators through programs, resources, fellowships and more to help them teach our nation’s students.
The Jack Miller Center is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented candidate to fill the role of Administrative Assistant. We are seeking a candidate with some experience and the willingness to grow within an organization. This position will provide essential administrative and clerical support for multiple team members. Primary focus on coordination of numerous essential functions that add to the overall success of our organization. We have a fairly small staff, so we greatly value collegiality and the ability to work independently.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Work Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reception: As the first person to greet people coming to our office, this person needs to be engaging and appropriately attired
- Punctual for work, Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM.
- Answer main office telephone, screen and direct calls while taking and relaying messages
- Respond to questions and requests for information while also directing people to the most appropriate staff member when necessary
- Receive and sort incoming mail and deliveries as well as manage outgoing mailings
- Prepare conference rooms for daily, weekly and monthly meetings for staff and guests
Vendor Management: Chief point of contact for communication with building management and other important vendors
- On-site contact for business service providers including but not limited to FedEx, USPS, Canon, Verizon etc.
- Monitor and maintain office equipment and order supplies when needed
- Coordinate repair requests for office space and office equipment
- Manage office calendar and email account
- Maintain our contact database
- Maintain stock of office supplies by taking inventory, ordering monthly and researching competitive pricing on frequently used items
- Assist staff with typical daily office needs
- Oversee and improve our travel request, expense reimbursement, and work credit card reconciliation system
- May be responsible for submitting payroll and drafting checks
- Ensure confidentiality and security of all financial matters and files
- Provide administrative support for senior staff members, including arranging travel and completing travel and expense related forms, updating calendar and making appointments
Academic Event Planning: May assist JMC Manager of Meetings and Events with conference planning and execution, including possible on-site support for various programs as required. Ability to travel out of state for work for multiple days in a row is desirable.
Key Competencies, Skills and other position Requirements:
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures, and attention to detail
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant/office manager etc.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms
- Write and distribute email, correspondences, letters, faxes
- Familiarity with MacOS, Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Salesforce, QuickBooks, ADP Resource, Concur Travel and Expense a HUGE plus
- General working knowledge of office equipment such as printers, phone systems, postage meters etc.
- Overall positive attitude
- Punctuality and reliability
- Comfortable working in a small, quiet, independent office environment where several team members are working remotely at the same time traveling to various meetings and events
- Position may occasionally require working alone in the office due to the travel of other staff members
- Vehicle is necessary for this position for occasional office errands
Hours: As the primary administrative staff person for our organization, the person in this position is expected to be in the office full time, 40 hours per week, 9 AM – 5 PM, Monday through Friday. Working from home will not be possible.
Salary and Benefits: $35,000 – $45,000 annually depending on experience and qualifications. The Jack Miller Center offers an excellent benefits package which includes a 401(k) plan with matching contributions, generous paid time off, smart phone reimbursement and group medical, vision, dental and life insurance.